- Space Planning teams at college campuses answer to stakeholders throughout the entire campus – from Facilities to Provost and Registrar – and they need reliable, unbiased data to support decisions.
- Hybrid work locations impact colleges and universities and create new space assignment challenges.
- Reporting with Occupancy Analytics contributes to a university’s mission, vision, and values.
Higher Education Space Planning teams field requests, complaints and feedback from just about every department and official on campus. To enable strategic campus space planning – without any outside influences or historical, static data – is critical.
In our growing pool of Higher Ed customers, we see experienced campus space planners leveraging Lambent Spaces data to generate reports for an increasing number of stakeholders. Here is a sampling of the popular reports our Higher Ed customers generate with Lambent Spaces Occupancy Analytics – and some of the outcomes they see.
1. Facilities Report
- Make use of all available spaces before considering new construction or leasing.
- Staff areas appropriately according to events, time of year, and occupancy numbers.
- Schedule sanitation and trash services based on building or space utilization.
- Identify swing or flex space with a portfolio-wide view.
2. Master Planning Report
- Provide evidence to support space reclassification, addressing disputes or claims about space usage.
- Reduce deferred maintenance and new build costs with strategic space management and assignments.
- Contribute to Student Success reports showing utilization of study, collaborative, or creative spaces.
- Assess the impact of hybrid work and online learning to campus space planning.
3. Provost, Registrar Report
- Compare registered student numbers to actual class attendance to ensure appropriate classroom sizes.
- Right-size buildings and classrooms based on actual usage.
- Help Provosts determine appropriate departmental funding.
- Optimize lab spaces by identifying double bookings and ensuring occupancy expectations are met.
4. Student Life/Student Affairs Report
- Identify peak usage times for student unions, including living rooms, common areas, dining spaces, and public spaces.
- View group reservations vs actual presence to make space allocation decisions.
- Adjust scheduled improvements (furniture, repairs, equipment) based on usage patterns.
- Prioritize staffing needs based on hard data.
5. Research Funding Report
- Validate utilization of research spaces to prove efficiency to designated PI
- Identify ways to repurpose underutilized space when research is completed early.
- Generate reports for federal agencies to showcase research space usage.
- Enable in-lab shared-bench space allocation.
6. Sustainability Report
- Inform power and cooling decisions with utilization pattern data.
- Share campus space utilization trends for STARS reporting.
- Help build consensus on ESG goals with unbiased data.
- Schedule recycle and other Green initiatives around peak usage.
By leveraging the power of occupancy analytics software and generating these types of reports, higher education space planners can make informed decisions, optimize resource allocation, and resolve space-related disputes.
To learn more about Lambent Spaces, Occupancy Analytics, and our Higher Education ecosystem of customers and partners, reach out to our Sales team with questions or Book a Demo today.